Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Marc Marmaro signed the judgment Wednesday, less than six weeks after Brand filed for divorce and one day after Perry filed paperwork stating that she and Brand have agreed on all financial issues.
The exact terms of the breakup are confidential.
Brand, Perry and Marmaro all signed the judgment Wednesday, court records show. The couple will become legally single again on July 14 because California law requires that couples wait at least six months after filing before their divorce can be finalized.
The judgment calls for Perry's maiden name, Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson, to be restored.
Neither Brand, a British actor and comedian, or Perry, a pop superstar, indicated in court filings when they separated.
They were married in October 2010 in a lavish wedding at a resort inside a tiger reserve in India.
Their wedding came at a high-point for both of their careers. Brand was introduced to U.S. audiences after hosting the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards and has since starred in films including 'Arthur,' 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' and 'Get Him to the Greek.'
Perry has turned out a string of pop hits, including 'I Kissed a Girl' and 'California Gurls' and is scheduled to perform at Sunday night's Grammy Awards. She has also been nominated for two awards for her song 'Firework.'
For more on this story and other entertainment news, click over to Entertainment Tonight.
- Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand
- Heidi Klum and Seal
- Ashley Tisdale and Scott Spears
- Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
- Top Weddings of 2012
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
- Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga
- Hillary Scott and Chris Tyrell
- Ne-Yo and Monyetta Shaw
- Steven Tyler and Erin Brady
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen
- Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson
- Britney Spears and Jason Trawick
- Celebrity Heroes: Musicians Who Have Saved the Day
- J.C. Chasez Saves Baby on Beach
- Kelly Osbourne Stops Car Theft and Vandalism
- Michael Jackson Saves Janet Jackson's Ex-Husband From Suicide Jump
- Garth Brooks Saves Two Kids From Burning Building
- Carrie Underwood Resuces Dog From Highway
- Christina Perri Fends Off a Carjacker
- T.I. Talks Suicide Jumper Off Ledge
- Sarah McLaughlin Saves a Rapper From Suicide
- Ryan Gosling Breaks Up a NYC Street Fight
- Worst Photoshopped Album Covers
- Mariah Carey's 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel'
- Adam Lambert's 'For Your Entertainment'
- Kelly Clarkson's 'All I Ever Wanted'
- Jennifer Hudson's Self-Titled Debut CD
- Britney's Spears' 'Circus'
- Madonna's 'Remixed & Revisited' EP
- Heidi Montag's 'Sex Ed'
- Jessica Simpson's 'Happy Christmas'
- Musicians With Secret Embarrassing Pasts
- George Michael during his Wham! superstardom
- Drake as Jimmy on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation'
- Selena Gomez on 'Barney and Friends'
- Alanis Morissette's Pre-'Jagged Little Pill" Album
- Fergie's Time as a Wild Orchid
- Dr. Dre's World Class Wrecking Crew Days
- Katy Perry Christian Singing Past
- Musicians Who Look Like Cartoon Characters
- Taylor Momsen and Kung Fu Panda
- Taylor Swift and a Japanese Anime Character
- Miley Cyrus and a Chipette from Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Nicki Minaj and Rainbow Brite
- Fergie and Janice from the Muppets
- Rihanna and Cleo, the fish from Pinocchio
- Nicole Scherzinger and Jasmine from Aladdin