Denise Truscello, WireImage
Sources tell RadarOnline that Britney's troubled past is to blame for her recent wedding drama. As many fans know, Spears is currently involved in a lawsuit with former manager Sam Lutfi -- who's suing Britney for breach of contract.
Britney's lawyers have been successful in keeping Spears out of the mix when it comes to the lawsuit, mainly because the star is still under a conservatorship. What does that mean? Well, essentially Spears has had no control over her money or legal decisions since 2008, when the singer was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold.
"Lawyers for Britney's conservatorship have been successful in keeping her from being deposed in the Lutfi litigation," a source tells Radar. "She could get married under the conservatorship, but the judge would have to sign off on it."
"If that were to happen, lawyers repping Lutfi would absolutely go into court and argue that if Britney were able to get married, she should be able to be deposed," continued the source.
With the trial set to begin on September 11, 2012, Spears' lawyers have reportedly urged her to freeze her wedding plans in an attempt to keep her off the witness stand.
"Unless a settlement is reached with Lutfi before the trial date, the wedding will take place after the lawsuit is resolved," claims an insider.
Happily, both Spears and Trawick seem to be OK with changing up their wedding plans. "Britney and Jason aren't in a rush to get married, they are enjoying being engaged," reports a source. "Britney already feels like she is married to him, and trusts him."
Top 10 Celebrity Weddings of 2012
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
- Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga
- Hillary Scott and Chris Tyrell
- Ne-Yo and Monyetta Shaw
- Steven Tyler and Erin Brady
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen
- Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson
- Britney Spears and Jason Trawick
- Musicians With Secret Embarrassing Pasts
- George Michael during his Wham! superstardom
- Drake as Jimmy on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation'
- Selena Gomez on 'Barney and Friends'
- Alanis Morissette's Pre-'Jagged Little Pill" Album
- Fergie's Time as a Wild Orchid
- Dr. Dre's World Class Wrecking Crew Days
- Katy Perry Christian Singing Past
- Accident-Prone Pop Stars
- Kelly Osbourne
- Justin Bieber
- Jessie J
- SkyBlu of LMFAO
- Sean "Diddy" Combs
- Musicians Who Look Like Cartoon Characters
- Taylor Momsen and Kung Fu Panda
- Taylor Swift and a Japanese Anime Character
- Miley Cyrus and a Chipette from Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Nicki Minaj and Rainbow Brite
- Fergie and Janice from the Muppets
- Rihanna and Cleo, the fish from Pinocchio
- Nicole Scherzinger and Jasmine from Aladdin
- Musicians Who'd Make the Best Facebook Friends
- Rihanna Would Invite You to the Coolest Events
- LMFAO Would Leave Hillarious Comments on Your Photos
- Taylor Swift Would Leave the Sweetest Messages on Your Wall
- Justin Bieber Would Update His Newsfeed With Funny Viral Videos
- Miley Cyrus Would Post Adorable Photos of Her Pets
- Lea Michele Would Post Helpful Hints and Good Advice
- Katy Perry Would Post Nostalgic Photos
- Jessica Simpson Would Post Ridiculous Photos of Herself
- Justin Timberlake Would Keep Us 'In the Know' With His Status Updates
- Biggest Transformations in Music
- Justin Timberlake
- Beastie Boys
- Dave Grohl
- Black Eyed Peas
- The Beatles
- 50 Cent
- Marky Mark Wahlberg
- Darius Rucker
- Ice T
- Katy Perry
- Best Comebacks of 2011
- Demi Lovato
- Britney Spears
- New Kids on the Block + Backstreet Boys
- Jennifer Lopez
- Gym Class Heroes
- Kelly Clarkson
- Beastie Boys
- Faith Hill
- Avril Lavigne
- Joe Jonas