Frazer Harrison, Getty Images for ACM
"In a landscape where music shows are all the same, one will break through," a melodramatic voice-over artist announces. Then, a blonde with over-teased hair and tons of bright-red lipstick whines, "For me, it was just a little pitchy!" The actress is undoubtedly spoofing on "The Voice"s resident diva, Christina Aguilera.
Next, an older man with a British accent throws out catch phrases from the former "American Idol" and current "X Factor" boss Simon Cowell's repertoire. "Atrocious, horrendous, truly terrible," he yells. An overweight, bald African-American actor parodies "Idol"s Randy Jackson with a pretty spot-on, "It was alright, it was alight, but something was missing for me, dawg!"
Kelly and fellow judges Robin Thicke and Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland are revealed and described not only as judges, but competitors in the show themselves. Lionel Richie also appears in the ad, although it was just announced that he has been replaced on the show by John Legend.
"Duets" premieres Thursday May 24 at 8PM. Until then, watch the hilarious promo below!
- She Thinks Her Small Chest Size Is a Blessing in Disguise
- Her Favorite Party Ever Was a 'White Trash'-Themed Bash
- She's a Spanx Super Fan
- Kelly Has 13 Tattoos to Date
- She's Greek ... And Drinks Olive Oil
- She's an Odd Jobs Extraordinaire
- Her Very First "American Idol" Audition Song Was ...
- The First CDs She Ever Bought Were ...
- Annie Lennox Is Her Not-So-American Idol
- Her Favorite Birthday Treat Is Red Velvet Cake
- Recent Celebrity Splits
- Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand
- Heidi Klum and Seal
- Ashley Tisdale and Scott Spears
- Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
- Stars Who Have a Type
- Jennifer Lopez: Bald Backup Dancers
- Justin Bieber: Lovely Latina Ladies
- Madonna: Much Younger Foreign Guys
- Jessica Simpson: The Super Buff, Athletic Type
- Justin Timberlake: Buff, Blonde Babes
- Rihanna: Guys With Lighter Complexions and High Cheekbones
- Taylor Swift: Cradle Robbers
- Top Weddings of 2012
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
- Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga
- Hillary Scott and Chris Tyrell
- Ne-Yo and Monyetta Shaw
- Steven Tyler and Erin Brady
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen
- Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson
- Britney Spears and Jason Trawick