Jon Kopaloff, FilmMagic
The lawsuit was filed Thursday in federal court in Manhattan.
It seeks unspecified damages against New York-based Berdon LLP and two accountants. A Berdon spokeswoman says the company has no immediate comment.
The singer sued under her real name, Robyn Fenty.
She says she hired the accountants in 2005 when she was a 16-year-old from Barbados launching her career.
The lawsuit says the company was supposed to provide accounting and financial management services. Rihanna alleges the company engaged in misconduct and malfeasance, culminating in overall losses in her 2009 Last Girl on Earth tour despite large revenues.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
See Rihanna's Most Shocking Twitter and Facebook Photos
- Can You Believe They're the Same Age?
- Lindsay Lohan and Dianna Agron
- Adele and Hayley Williams
- Florence Welch and Lea Michele
- Lady Gaga and Mary-Kate Olsen
- Fantasia Barrino and Avril Lavigne
- Miranda Cosgrove and Taylor Momsen
- T-Pain and Carly Rae Jepsen
- Can You Believe They're Related?
- Miley and Trace Cyrus
- Jessica and Ashlee Simpson
- Britney and Bryan Spears
- Vanessa and Angela Simmons
- Jonas Brothers and Frankie Jonas
- Natasha and Daniel Beddingfield
- Ashanti and Kenashia Douglas
- Guys Who Love Wearing Makeup
- Adam Lambert
- 30 Seconds to Mars' Jared Leto
- Robbie Williams
- Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong
- Pete Wentz
- Zac Efron
- The Killers' Brandon Flowers
- Boy George