Back in June, news broke that the 19-year-old singer/actress said "yes" when her 22-year-old "Hunger Games" boyfriend Liam Hemsworth popped the question. Miley now admits that the proposal took her by "complete surprise." Even her parents didn't know it was coming! As for her dazzling new bauble, Miley insists, "I had no input." The 3.5-carat Neil Lane ring (pictured below) features an antique diamond dating back to the 19th century and is set in an 18-karat yellow-gold band, decorated with filigree engravings. Well done, Liam!
WireImage | Getty Images for AIF
Miley also took the opportunity to respond to critics of her teen engagement. "Life is too short not to be with the person you want to be with," she insisted. "I don't really care about the wedding or the piece of paper as much as I do the promise we've made to each other. And we want to have a long engagement."
"Liam and I have a really good relationship," Miley added, revealing why she's confident her man is "The One." "Neither of us is super jealous. We know each other and would never do anything to hurt each other."
See Our Miley-Inspired "Musician's Who Married Young" Gallery
- LeAnn Rimes Was a Bride at 19
- Avril Lavigne Was 21 When She Walked Down the Aisle
- Hilary Duff Said 'I Do' at 22
- Kevin Jonas Proposed at 21, Married at 22
- For Hanson, Marrying Young Runs in the Family
- Kate Hudson Married at 21 After Dating Just a Year
- Solange Got Married in a Hurry
- Musicians With Secret Embarrassing Pasts
- George Michael during his Wham! superstardom
- Drake as Jimmy on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation'
- Selena Gomez on 'Barney and Friends'
- Alanis Morissette's Pre-'Jagged Little Pill" Album
- Fergie's Time as a Wild Orchid
- Dr. Dre's World Class Wrecking Crew Days
- Katy Perry Christian Singing Past
- Accident-Prone Pop Stars
- Kelly Osbourne
- Justin Bieber
- Jessie J
- SkyBlu of LMFAO
- Sean "Diddy" Combs