James Devaney, WireImage
"The advert starring Rihanna was a no go," Heidenreich said, apparently referring more to Ri's scandalous personal exploits than to the tame Nivea spot featuring her song "California King Bed." "I do not understand how Nivea can be brought into association with Rihanna."
"Nivea is a company which stands for trust, family and reliability," he added, sending a very different message than the Nivea board member who last year praised Rihanna as a "music icon" who would help the brand "bring our anniversary celebration to consumers wherever they are."
As for those family values, it should be pointed out that Nivea caught flack last year for its "Re-Civilize Yourself" campaign, whose ads featured a preppy-looking black man holding the bearded, afro-covered severed head of his former self.
See Rihanna's Most Shocking Twitter and Facebook Photos
- Can You Believe They're the Same Age?
- Lindsay Lohan and Dianna Agron
- Adele and Hayley Williams
- Florence Welch and Lea Michele
- Lady Gaga and Mary-Kate Olsen
- Fantasia Barrino and Avril Lavigne
- Miranda Cosgrove and Taylor Momsen
- T-Pain and Carly Rae Jepsen
- Can You Believe They're Related?
- Miley and Trace Cyrus
- Jessica and Ashlee Simpson
- Britney and Bryan Spears
- Vanessa and Angela Simmons
- Jonas Brothers and Frankie Jonas
- Natasha and Daniel Beddingfield
- Ashanti and Kenashia Douglas
- Guys Who Love Wearing Makeup
- Adam Lambert
- 30 Seconds to Mars' Jared Leto
- Robbie Williams
- Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong
- Pete Wentz
- Zac Efron
- The Killers' Brandon Flowers
- Boy George