Ethan Miller, Getty Images
"It's not the voice, and I don't think it's the songs," Dion insists in the magazine's September issue. "I don't think it's the presence. But it could be the stability of my life," she speculates. "I'm an open book," Celine says.
Back in 1994, she wed her much-older manager, Rene Angelil, now 70. Angelil was later diagnosed with throat cancer and the couple also struggled to conceive for years before finally welcoming their first child, Rene-Charles Angelil, in 2001.
"When Rene was sick, I shared that. When I was having a hard time having kids, I shared it," Celine recalled. "We're normal. We struggle to have what we want sometimes. We have ups and downs. Suddenly that singing has meaning," Celine explains.
We would argue that Celine's singing already had plenty of meaning, before her family became the centerpiece of her public image. The five-time Grammy winner earned all five of those golden gramophones before her kids were ever in the picture (she won her first Grammy in '93, two in '97 and two in '99).
Celine goes on to insist she's just like most working mothers -- besides the whole having professional help thing. "I wake up and help feed my 23-month-old twins, Eddy and Nelson, and soon I'm covered in yogurt, strawberries, cereal, you name it," she admits.
"My kids give me the balance to live right," Dion says. "The hardest thing to find in life is balance. Especially the more success you have, the more you look to the other side of the gate. What do I need to stay grounded, in touch, in love, connected, emotionally balanced? Look within yourself."
The enormously successful singer describes herself as "the luckiest woman," but not because of her accolade-filled career. "I have a wonderful husband, I have three amazing kids. What am I looking for? I'm passionate about my fans and my shows. But my biggest reward in the success that is my life are my husband and kids."
Check Out Photos From Celine Dion's V Magazine Shoot
- Can You Believe They're the Same Age?
- Lindsay Lohan and Dianna Agron
- Adele and Hayley Williams
- Florence Welch and Lea Michele
- Lady Gaga and Mary-Kate Olsen
- Fantasia Barrino and Avril Lavigne
- Miranda Cosgrove and Taylor Momsen
- T-Pain and Carly Rae Jepsen
- Musicians Who Look Like Cartoon Characters
- Taylor Momsen and Kung Fu Panda
- Taylor Swift and a Japanese Anime Character
- Miley Cyrus and a Chipette from Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Nicki Minaj and Rainbow Brite
- Fergie and Janice from the Muppets
- Rihanna and Cleo, the fish from Pinocchio
- Nicole Scherzinger and Jasmine from Aladdin
- Can You Believe They're Related?
- Miley and Trace Cyrus
- Jessica and Ashlee Simpson
- Britney and Bryan Spears
- Vanessa and Angela Simmons
- Jonas Brothers and Frankie Jonas
- Natasha and Daniel Beddingfield
- Ashanti and Kenashia Douglas
- Worst Photoshopped Album Covers
- Mariah Carey's 'Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel'
- Adam Lambert's 'For Your Entertainment'
- Kelly Clarkson's 'All I Ever Wanted'
- Jennifer Hudson's Self-Titled Debut CD
- Britney's Spears' 'Circus'
- Madonna's 'Remixed & Revisited' EP
- Heidi Montag's 'Sex Ed'
- Jessica Simpson's 'Happy Christmas'
- Awkward Award Show Moments
- Most Awkward Behind-the-Bro Hug
- Best Slink Down the Red Carpet
- Most Cringe-Worthy Embrace
- Best 'Someone Please Save Me' Face
- Most Lopsided Hug
- Best 'Why Am I Posing With These People?' Face
- Best 'We Don't Really Want to Kiss Each Other' Kiss
- Most Uncomfortable-Looking Conversation
- Most Sketchy Side-Eye Hug
- Best 'If Looks Could Kill' Face
- Most Unfortunate Dance Moves
- Most Unnerving Dress
- Best 'Get That Camera Out of My Face' Face
- Most Awkward Head to Bosom Ratio
- Most Well-Placed Priorites
- Best Model Leer
- Most Uncomfortable Body Language
- Best Kiss Miss
- Best Audience Push Down
- Best Disapproving Photo Bomb
- Best Muppet Smackdown