NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images | Jessica Simpson via Twitter.com
The 32-year-old mother admits she packed on 40 pounds -- "more baby weight than [she] was planning" -- while indulging in favorites like chips, guacamole and queso during her pregnancy. "My doctors told me [my pregnancy weight] was a lot of water, and when my water broke ... All the weight did not come out with the baby," the new WeightWatchers spokesperson revealed.
"I had to stay focused on my diet," she tells Couric. "I want to be as healthy as I can because I'm a mom now."
In order to achieve that healthier lifestyle, Simpson had to make some major dietary adjustments. "The only fish I ever ate was a fish stick," she admitted. "Now I'm trying to eat fish." Well, Jessica's new nutritional choices seem to be paying off -- she's currently just 10 pounds away from her pre-baby weight.
"I set small goals for myself," Simpson said of how she's been successfully shedding those extra pounds. "I've lost weight every week, thank God, but I've worked really hard. I have to shoot a new season of 'Fashion Star,'" the reality TV vet added.
Despite the Tinseltown pressures to be dangerously thin, Jessica says raising a daughter has caused her to gain some perspective. "I have to separate myself from the world's expectations," she says. "I have to look inside myself. I want to be a role model."
In an attempt to alleviate some of the weight-loss pressures, Jess says, "I definitely don't pick up the magazines. I definitely don't Google my name. I try to avoid it completely. But I subconsciously know the talk is going on. Every day it's a struggle for me. Weight Watchers is not intimidating. It's not a diet. It's a lifestyle."
- Beyonce Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Jennifer Lopez Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Hilary Duff Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Britney Spears Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Jessica Simpson Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Pink Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Jennifer Hudson Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Celebrity Makeup Makeovers
- Kelly Osbourne
- Christina Aguilera
- Nicki Minaj
- Taylor Momsen
- Lily Allen
- Musicians You Never Knew Were Adopted
- Faith Hill
- Eric Clapton
- Sarah McLachlan
- Debbie Harry
- Jamie Foxx
- Willie Nelson
- Darryl "DMC" McDaniels of Run-D.M.C.
- Rachel Crow
- Celebrity Photobombs
- Peek-a-Boo Sheryl Crow, We See You! (Even if Justin Bieber Didn't.)
- This Guy Is SO Not Impressed by Rihanna and Katy Perry.
- Kelly Osbourne and Neon Hitch's Photo-Op Is Crashed by an Over-Enthused Lurker.
- Demi Lovato's Little Sis Madison Perhaps Isn't the Biggest Britney Fan.
- Paul Stanley, Sir Elton John and Erin Sutton Get Creeped on.
- Katy Perry Is Unaware That Glen Campbell Is Having a Psychic Moment Behind Her.
- Diddy REALLY Wanted to Be in This Shot With Muhammad Ali and Will Smith.
- This Passerby Can't Resist Sharing the Spotlight With Rihanna.
- Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Try to Box Out a Fellow BET Awards Attendee.
- Celebrities Who Married Young - Barely Legal Brides!
- LeAnn Rimes Was a Bride at 19
- Avril Lavigne Was 21 When She Walked Down the Aisle
- Hilary Duff Said 'I Do' at 22
- Kevin Jonas Proposed at 21, Married at 22
- For Hanson, Marrying Young Runs in the Family
- Kate Hudson Married at 21 After Dating Just a Year
- Solange Got Married in a Hurry