Paul Marotta, Getty Images
According to RadarOnline.com, Spears' cell phone and internet use has been closely monitored since she was put under a conservatorship four years ago. While this may seem extreme for a 30-year-old woman, it seems like those closest to the "Toxic" singer have her best interests at heart.
"Britney's cell phone and internet use is restricted and heavily monitored, and this is done for her protection," a source tells Radar.
"Britney's father, Jamie, and her fiancee, Jason, want to make sure that her former manager, Sam Lutfi, isn't able to contact her," explained the source. "Britney and Jason essentially share a cell phone, and it's routinely checked to see who has been calling. Furthermore, the cell phones have been programmed to block calls from phone numbers associated with Lutfi. Brit's computer usage is also restricted in the sense that certain websites are blocked. Her family doesn't want Britney reading negative stories that would upset her. Again, this is all done with love and for her well-being."
Fans of Spears may recall her conflict with Lutfi has heated up again this year. After the restraining order her conservators filed against him expired, Britney's former confidant filed a defamation lawsuit against her, causing her to postpone her wedding.
"After the restraining order expired, the conservators went to extra lengths to make sure that Sam wasn't able to contact Britney because there was no longer any criminal threat if he were to violate terms of the restraining order," the source says.
- Katy Perry's Red Carpet Fashion Through the Years
- Katy at Esquire Magazine's 'The Envelope Please' Oscar Viewing Party
- Katy at Step-Up's Fourth Annual "Fashion Forward
- Katy in Concert in Berlin
- Katy at VH1's 14th Annual Critics' Choice Awards
- Katy at the 2009 Grammy Salute to Industry Icons
- Katy at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards
- Katy at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards Press Room
- Katy on the The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Award's Red Carpet
- Katy at the 2010 EMI Grammy Party
- Katy at the 2010 American Music Awards
- Katy at the 2011 Logie Awards
- Katy at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards
- Musicians Who Look Like Cartoon Characters
- Taylor Momsen and Kung Fu Panda
- Taylor Swift and a Japanese Anime Character
- Miley Cyrus and a Chipette from Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Nicki Minaj and Rainbow Brite
- Fergie and Janice from the Muppets
- Rihanna and Cleo, the fish from Pinocchio
- Nicole Scherzinger and Jasmine from Aladdin
- Accident-Prone Pop Stars
- Kelly Osbourne
- Justin Bieber
- Jessie J
- SkyBlu of LMFAO
- Sean "Diddy" Combs