Rick Diamond, Getty Images for Sony Music Nash
"We met years ago when I was working with Rascal Flatts, and he used to tour manage with him," Kelly explained of her pre-dating relationship with Blackstock. "I didn't really know he was [my manager's] son and it was kind of weird. I was like, 'Dude I gotta know that guy.' We were just in a room together, and then he came up and said he was from the same home town as me and I was like, 'Oh we're so getting married' -- I was so that girl! When he became single, I was on the prowl."
And it looks like Kelly's sticking to her guns when it comes to that marriage comment. Despite her own tumultuous divorce-filled upbringing, Clarkson is determined she and Blackstock will make their love last.
"It's weird how life kind of puts you in certain situations," she says. "We're taking it slow, and we're enjoying each other. I'm from a family of broken marriages, but we will definitely break that trend one day."
Aware that her new lovey-dovey soft side is a sharp divergence from her previous breakup anthem-singing self, Kelly said this, "Once you finally fall in love with someone and you are so comfortable with them, it makes you more comfortable in your skin. It makes you comfortable as an artist and it makes you more confident. It also makes you confident because you have a buddy to throw things off of. I know that doesn't sound like 'cool, hard core, I'm 'Miss Independent' girl,' but it's the truth. I'm completely head over heels for him, he knows that."
- She Thinks Her Small Chest Size Is a Blessing in Disguise
- Her Favorite Party Ever Was a 'White Trash'-Themed Bash
- She's a Spanx Super Fan
- Kelly Has 13 Tattoos to Date
- She's Greek ... And Drinks Olive Oil
- She's an Odd Jobs Extraordinaire
- Her Very First "American Idol" Audition Song Was ...
- The First CDs She Ever Bought Were ...
- Annie Lennox Is Her Not-So-American Idol
- Her Favorite Birthday Treat Is Red Velvet Cake
- Recent Celebrity Splits
- Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand
- Heidi Klum and Seal
- Ashley Tisdale and Scott Spears
- Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
- Stars Who Have a Type
- Jennifer Lopez: Bald Backup Dancers
- Justin Bieber: Lovely Latina Ladies
- Madonna: Much Younger Foreign Guys
- Jessica Simpson: The Super Buff, Athletic Type
- Justin Timberlake: Buff, Blonde Babes
- Rihanna: Guys With Lighter Complexions and High Cheekbones
- Taylor Swift: Cradle Robbers
- Top Weddings of 2012
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
- Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga
- Hillary Scott and Chris Tyrell
- Ne-Yo and Monyetta Shaw
- Steven Tyler and Erin Brady
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen
- Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson
- Britney Spears and Jason Trawick