Paul Marotta, Getty Images
"Britney has been getting her life back together this year," an alleged friend of the pop star told the publication. "Everyone around her has worked hard to get her back to a good place and keep her there, and what [ex-manager] Lutfi's doing seems like it might undo their good work."
The insider is, of course, referring to the trial that just opened up against Britney's parents this past week. Spears' former manager, Sam Lutfi, is suing the pop star's parents for defamation, alleging Britney's mother wrongfully scapegoated him for the singer's highly publicized meltdown in 2007.
He and his lawyer have claimed Britney abused crystal meth and overdosed on drugs as Lutfi was trying to save her from her self-destructive ways.
A source close to show's production team says, "It's not surprising people are concerned, it's going to be a huge test for her and there's a lot of pressure, in fact producers have had meetings to discuss having an extended time delay on the live show broadcast which is usually seven seconds delay. It's up to FOX if they can make it longer but everyone's nervous and no one knows what to expect."
Another source echoed the nervous sentiment. "Britney is going to be live on-air for 3 hours a week. If anything goes wrong, it happens in front of the whole country -- there is no rewind button on Live TV. Taping auditions is one thing, when they have a whole day to take breaks, but live shows could be a train wreck if she isn't super-prepared for it, or if she can't handle the pressure."
- Katy Perry's Red Carpet Fashion Through the Years
- Katy at Esquire Magazine's 'The Envelope Please' Oscar Viewing Party
- Katy at Step-Up's Fourth Annual "Fashion Forward
- Katy in Concert in Berlin
- Katy at VH1's 14th Annual Critics' Choice Awards
- Katy at the 2009 Grammy Salute to Industry Icons
- Katy at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards
- Katy at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards Press Room
- Katy on the The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Award's Red Carpet
- Katy at the 2010 EMI Grammy Party
- Katy at the 2010 American Music Awards
- Katy at the 2011 Logie Awards
- Katy at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards
- Musicians Who Look Like Cartoon Characters
- Taylor Momsen and Kung Fu Panda
- Taylor Swift and a Japanese Anime Character
- Miley Cyrus and a Chipette from Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Nicki Minaj and Rainbow Brite
- Fergie and Janice from the Muppets
- Rihanna and Cleo, the fish from Pinocchio
- Nicole Scherzinger and Jasmine from Aladdin
- Accident-Prone Pop Stars
- Kelly Osbourne
- Justin Bieber
- Jessie J
- SkyBlu of LMFAO
- Sean "Diddy" Combs