Jason Merritt, Getty Images
Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi of New Jersey and Billy Joel of Long Island are scheduled to appear at the concert, hosted by "Today" show co-host Matt Lauer. Other performers include Christina Aguilera, Sting and Jimmy Fallon.
The telecast will benefit the American Red Cross and will be shown on NBC and its cable stations including Bravo, CNBC, USA, MSNBC and E! Other networks are invited to join in.
"Hurricane Sandy: Coming Together" will air at 8 p.m. EDT and will be taped-delayed in the West.
The telethon will be broadcast from NBC facilities in Rockefeller Center in New York City.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
See Photos of Christina Aguilera Throughout the Years
- Christina Breaks Onto the Scene During Her 'Genie in a Bottle' Debut
- Christina Goes Dark During Her 'Dirrty' Phase
- Christina Channels Marilyn Monroe After Getting Engaged
- Christina Bonds with Micky at Disneyland
- A Curvier Christina Hits the Red Carpet
- Christina Sings at Etta James Funeral
- Celebrity Halloween Costumes 2012
- Jessica Simpson as Scottish Maid, Daughter Maxwell as Chicken
- Miley Cyrus as Nicki Minaj
- 'Glee's Naya Rivera as the Road Runner
- Hilary Duff as Day of the Dead Skeleton
- Katy Perry and Shannon Woodward as Jane and Daria From "Daria"
- Lady Gaga as the Cannabis Queen and Her Makeup Artist as Lady Gaga
- VIntage Pink as 'Mademoiselle Moore'
- More Vintage Pink as Good Witch Turned Bad
- 'Glee's Chris Colfer as a Guiloteen
- No Doubt as Zombies
- Karmin as 007 and a Bond Girl
- Usher as a Parrot
- David Archuleta as a Gorilla
- Music's Most Famous Ghosts
- Elvis Presley
- Jim Morrison
- Mama Cass
- John Lennon
- Buddy Holly
- Michael Jackson
- Gram Parsons