Fred Duval, Getty
The English singer has friend Taylor Swift's Red album titled tatted on his left bicep. The two worked together on "Everything Has Changed," a track on the chart-topping album.
Ed explained the tattoo honors big occasions, including Taylor's 'Red' tour.
"I get tattoos for landmarks," he explained to MTV. "When my album came out all around the world I got the world tattooed. If I'm going to be on tour with this album for six months, I thought that would be quite a big part of my life."
Although the only tattoos Taylor sports are those of the Sharpie variety, she's flattered by the gesture.
"I think that is the coolest thing ever," she said on "Alan Carr: Chatty Man". "I love that. I mean, it's permanent."
Taylor's relationship with Conor Kennedy is rumored to be over -- so is it possible Ed is her new love interest?
"I like people with red hair, I would do a ginger," she admitted. "I like Rupert Grint, the guy from the Harry Potter films."
Check Out Taylor and Other Stars in Our "Celebs With an Animal Twin" Gallery
- Avril Lavigne's Spirit Animal: Ferret
- Pink's Spirit Animal: Cockatoo
- Taylor Swift's Animal Spirit: An Ostrich
- Steven Tyler's Spirit Animal: Iguana
- Justin Bieber's Spirit Animal: Sloth
- Sir Paul McCartney's Spirit Animal: Turtle
- Miley Cyrus' Spirit Animal: Squirrel
- Taylor Momsen's Spirit Animal: Raccoon
- Celebrity Bloopers: These Musicians Are Severely Confused!
- Britney Spears Needs a Geography Lesson
- Britney Had Double the Tattoo Trouble
- Christina Had a Brain Fart
- Michael Jackson Accepts an Imaginary Award
- Justin Bieber Gets Schooled
- Jessica Simpson Would Make an Awesome Nutritionist