Getty Images for City of Hope | WireImage
While sitting down for an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" last week, Miley was forced to dispel rumors that she was planning not one, not two, but three weddings with fiancé Liam Hemsworth. Papa Billy Ray himself was just as guilty of spreading the Miley myth as any tabloid -- and his daughter is not too happy about it.
"I don't know what my dad is doing, or where my dad is on the planet," the singer/actress tells "Entertainment Tonight." "My dad knows nothing. I don't know what he is making up ... I hate to put him on blast, but he doesn't know what he's talking about." Yikes!
Why would a 51-year-old man tell lies about his 19-year-old daughter? Miley has a theory. "He does what I do when he's sitting in a press thing -- he's like, 'Let's make this fun. Let's make stuff up. Let's get the ball rolling on some good rumors, because I'm bored and I can start something.'" Guess that apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
See Our Miley-Inspired "Musician's Who Married Young" Gallery
- LeAnn Rimes Was a Bride at 19
- Avril Lavigne Was 21 When She Walked Down the Aisle
- Hilary Duff Said 'I Do' at 22
- Kevin Jonas Proposed at 21, Married at 22
- For Hanson, Marrying Young Runs in the Family
- Kate Hudson Married at 21 After Dating Just a Year
- Solange Got Married in a Hurry
- Musicians With Secret Embarrassing Pasts
- George Michael during his Wham! superstardom
- Drake as Jimmy on 'Degrassi: The Next Generation'
- Selena Gomez on 'Barney and Friends'
- Alanis Morissette's Pre-'Jagged Little Pill" Album
- Fergie's Time as a Wild Orchid
- Dr. Dre's World Class Wrecking Crew Days
- Katy Perry Christian Singing Past
- Accident-Prone Pop Stars
- Kelly Osbourne
- Justin Bieber
- Jessie J
- SkyBlu of LMFAO
- Sean "Diddy" Combs