Charles Sykes, AP
Clarkson was featured on the cover of the paper's "Sunday Celebs" insert, with a headline in quotation marks stating, "No one on the planet should be as famous as me." The problem is, Clarkson never said that.
The "Catch My Breath" singer voiced her anger with the publication on her Who Say account via her Twitter page. She screen grabbed the magazine cover and wrote, "Um ....wow, so a UK Magazine called the Mirror, Sunday Celebs edition, just put out an article on me and just to clear up the absolutely wrong so called quotes from me, I have never had anorexia nor did I ever say 'no one should be as famous as me'."
Clarkson continued, "I said in the interview, when asked about fame, that I have no desire to be as famous as Britney or Madonna. I said that kind of fame was too much for any person and that I have experienced a portion of what they deal with and that I didn't handle that well and I'm happy where I'm at in my career. Side note, I love when people take what you say and twist it to make you sound obnoxious and arrogant ....nice job Mirror."
Billboard reports that once fellow alum and friend Jordin Sparks saw Clarkson's tweet, Jordin tweeted to her, "tell em girl!!!!" Clarkson responded, "I just can't stand when people do stuff like that. It drives me bananas. By the way, I just saw Sparkle. Great job!! Loved it!"
Clarkson's Greatest Hits: Chapter 1 CD is out now.
- She Thinks Her Small Chest Size Is a Blessing in Disguise
- Her Favorite Party Ever Was a 'White Trash'-Themed Bash
- She's a Spanx Super Fan
- Kelly Has 13 Tattoos to Date
- She's Greek ... And Drinks Olive Oil
- She's an Odd Jobs Extraordinaire
- Her Very First "American Idol" Audition Song Was ...
- The First CDs She Ever Bought Were ...
- Annie Lennox Is Her Not-So-American Idol
- Her Favorite Birthday Treat Is Red Velvet Cake
- Recent Celebrity Splits
- Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand
- Heidi Klum and Seal
- Ashley Tisdale and Scott Spears
- Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
- Stars Who Have a Type
- Jennifer Lopez: Bald Backup Dancers
- Justin Bieber: Lovely Latina Ladies
- Madonna: Much Younger Foreign Guys
- Jessica Simpson: The Super Buff, Athletic Type
- Justin Timberlake: Buff, Blonde Babes
- Rihanna: Guys With Lighter Complexions and High Cheekbones
- Taylor Swift: Cradle Robbers
- Top Weddings of 2012
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
- Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga
- Hillary Scott and Chris Tyrell
- Ne-Yo and Monyetta Shaw
- Steven Tyler and Erin Brady
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen
- Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson
- Britney Spears and Jason Trawick