Ruven Afanador, Lucky magazine
Appearing on the cover of the January 2013 issue of Lucky Magazine, Hudson shared, "You have what you're craving. Chocolate is what I love - I have it every day."
Having the support of her family has also helped the singer, and a few family members have joined the WeightWatchers program (which she's the spokesperson for). "It's great because before we eat -- say, before a holiday or a big family reunion -- lots of us are saying, how many points is this, how many points is that, so we're together on it," she told the mag.
But the road wasn't always easy, as Jennifer shared, dealing with weight in Hollywood was a difficult task. "'The first time I was asked to lose weight, I was like, 'What??'" she said. "Where I come from, I was never considered particularly heavy."
But shedding the weight in a healthy way is what worked for Hudson, who says she's adjusting to her new bod. "I still take a picture of myself every day just so I can see myself how others see me," she shared. "It's taken me a long time to feel it, get used to it, I'm still figuring it out with my body -- rediscovering myself, how I'm perceived."
As for staying fit, Hudson admits that staying active has helped. "Going jogging makes me feel powerful and free -- like Rocky!" she said. "In winter I do the treadmill, the Stairmaster, I like challenging things. I always say to myself, 'Just give me 10 minutes.' If I do those 10 minutes -s- the next thing you know, it's 20 minutes -- I trick myself!"
Designing a new clothing line for QVC has kept Hudson especially busy, but she says she wants to make sure her styles appeal to women of all sizes.
"With my new weight, it's like I have more room to play -- sometimes I feel like I'm my own doll, dressing myself up," she explains. "[My clothing line] has to look as good in size 16 as it does in size six. Would my old self love this as much as my new self? Could big Jennifer wear this?"
Read more about Hudson's diet tips when Lucky mag hits newsstands Dec. 11.
- 10. Susan Boyle
- 9. Javier Colon
- 8. Rachel Crow
- 7. David Archuleta
- 6. Melanie Amaro
- 5. Scotty McCreery
- 4. Jennifer Hudson
- 3. Carrie Underwood
- 2. David Cook
- 1. Kelly Clarkson
- Accident-Prone Pop Stars
- Kelly Osbourne
- Justin Bieber
- Jessie J
- SkyBlu of LMFAO
- Sean "Diddy" Combs
- Musicians Who Look Like Cartoon Characters
- Taylor Momsen and Kung Fu Panda
- Taylor Swift and a Japanese Anime Character
- Miley Cyrus and a Chipette from Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Nicki Minaj and Rainbow Brite
- Fergie and Janice from the Muppets
- Rihanna and Cleo, the fish from Pinocchio
- Nicole Scherzinger and Jasmine from Aladdin
- Katy Perry's Red Carpet Fashion Through the Years
- Katy at Esquire Magazine's 'The Envelope Please' Oscar Viewing Party
- Katy at Step-Up's Fourth Annual "Fashion Forward
- Katy in Concert in Berlin
- Katy at VH1's 14th Annual Critics' Choice Awards
- Katy at the 2009 Grammy Salute to Industry Icons
- Katy at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards
- Katy at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards Press Room
- Katy on the The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Award's Red Carpet
- Katy at the 2010 EMI Grammy Party
- Katy at the 2010 American Music Awards
- Katy at the 2011 Logie Awards
- Katy at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards