Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Many of the people singing (and "Gangnam Style"-dancing) his praises are American, including Madonna, Britney Spears and Justin Bieber. Unfortunately, it appears the love was not always reciprocal.
New York Magazine reports that during a 2004 protest attacking the U.S. presence in Iraq in the wake of the beheading of a Korean missionary, Psy was featured in a song called "Dear American." The group N.E.X.T. performed it, but Psy rapped some pretty controversial lines encouraging the killing of American soldiers and their families in retaliation.
The following are the lyrics he rapped in "Dear American:"
Kill those f--king Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives
Kill those f--king Yankees who ordered them to torture
Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law and fathers
Kill them all slowly and painfully.
As of now, the "Gangnam Style" dancer is still set to perform in front of President Obama at the National Building Museum's Christmas in Washington concert on Dec. 9.
- Britney Spears' Restaurant Nyla
- Kelly Clarkson in 'From Justin to Kelly'
- Jewel's Book of Poetry
- Mariah Carey in 'Glitter'
- Lindsay Lohan's Singing Career
- Kelly Osbourne's Madonna Remake
- Christina Aguilera's 'Bionic' Album
- Celebrities' Jobs Before Finding Fame
- Mick Jagger - Porter at a Mental Hospital
- Gwen Stefani - Employee at Dairy Queen
- Jon Bon Jovi - Christmas Decorations Assembler
- Mariah Carey - Hat Check Girl
- Cory Monteith - Greeter at Walmart
- Rod Stewart - Gravedigger
- Kanye West - Customer Service at The Gap
- Victoria Beckham - "Sperm" in Public Health Video
- B.o.B - Sandwich Maker at Subway
- Teen Idols Who Lived a Cursed Life
- Andy Gibb
- Aaron Carter
- Bobby Brown
- Leif Garrett
- Danny Bonaduce
- PJ Proby