Kevin Winter, Getty Images
Buzzfeed did a quick roundup of the most misunderstood lyrics of the year and, according to the results, the world has happily been belting out the wrong words to many Top 40 songs.
The results are pretty hilarious! Case in point: Contrary to popular belief, PSY's smash hit does not contain the phrase "Open condom style."
It turns out the South Korean rapper isn't the only artist guilty of performing confusing lyrics. Breakout band fun.'s "We Are Young" and Rihanna's "We Found Love" are among the songs that got a little lost in translation.
Check out all of the hilarious misheard lyrics in the video below and consider making your resolution for 2013 to do some research before rocking out at karaoke.
- Britney Spears' Restaurant Nyla
- Kelly Clarkson in 'From Justin to Kelly'
- Jewel's Book of Poetry
- Mariah Carey in 'Glitter'
- Lindsay Lohan's Singing Career
- Kelly Osbourne's Madonna Remake
- Christina Aguilera's 'Bionic' Album
- Celebrities' Jobs Before Finding Fame
- Mick Jagger - Porter at a Mental Hospital
- Gwen Stefani - Employee at Dairy Queen
- Jon Bon Jovi - Christmas Decorations Assembler
- Mariah Carey - Hat Check Girl
- Cory Monteith - Greeter at Walmart
- Rod Stewart - Gravedigger
- Kanye West - Customer Service at The Gap
- Victoria Beckham - "Sperm" in Public Health Video
- B.o.B - Sandwich Maker at Subway
- Teen Idols Who Lived a Cursed Life
- Andy Gibb
- Aaron Carter
- Bobby Brown
- Leif Garrett
- Danny Bonaduce
- PJ Proby