Stuart Wilson, Getty Images
The "Domino" singer surprised fans when she tweeted that she will be cutting her locks off for Red Nose Day's Comic Relief charity night. Jessie is joining other celebrities, including One Direction, to raise money for the cause.
According to the Red Nose Day website, Jessie is part of a team of "Fun Raisers" encouraging the country to "do something funny for money." The singer is even taking the plunge on live TV! Her hair will be shaved down to 0.5mm on the big Night of TV on BBC One on March 15.
Jessie's Twitter page reflects the outpouring of support from her fans, but the singer is still nervous about the big cut.
"Shaving my head for charity is something I've promised to do for a long time and Comic Relief has given me the opportunity to try and raise as much money as possible for good causes by doing it," Jessie said. "I won't deny that I'm nervous but I am also honoured to be part of this year's campaign. Together with help from the UK public, we are on a mission to raise more money than ever before for Red Nose Day. So come on, let's do it!"
See Jessie J in Our "Celebrities With a Drag Queen Twin" Photo Gallery
- Lil Mama
- Lady Gaga
- Jessie J
- Katy Perry
- Lil' Kim
- Celebrity Makeup Makeovers
- Kelly Osbourne
- Christina Aguilera
- Nicki Minaj
- Taylor Momsen
- Lily Allen
- Can You Believe They're the Same Age?
- Lindsay Lohan and Dianna Agron
- Adele and Hayley Williams
- Florence Welch and Lea Michele
- Lady Gaga and Mary-Kate Olsen
- Fantasia Barrino and Avril Lavigne
- Miranda Cosgrove and Taylor Momsen
- T-Pain and Carly Rae Jepsen
- Musicians' Bodies After Baby
- Beyonce Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Jennifer Lopez Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Hilary Duff Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Britney Spears Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Jessica Simpson Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Pink Before, During and After Pregnancy
- Jennifer Hudson Before, During and After Pregnancy
Watch AOL Music's "A Day in the Life With Jessie J"