Appearing on the March issue of Redbook, the singer recalls being targeted for her looks, and how she rises above it.
"A 'girl like me' is someone who doesn't rest on her looks, who has had people tell me from day one, 'You're never going to get magazine covers because you are not pretty enough.' I'm totally comfortable with that," she says. "I know my strong points: I work hard, I have talent, I'm funny and I'm a good person."
Asked what makes her feel most beautiful, Pink credits the little things in life, like her husband Carey Hart and 2-year-old daughter, Willow Sage.
"Well, I was always considered butch," she says. "Feeling beautiful to me is when I feel good in my leather pants and my husband grabs my ass. Or when I'm sitting on a mat and my daughter runs to me with complete joy. Beautiful has never been my goal. Joy is my goal -- to feel healthy and strong and powerful and useful and engaged and intelligent and in love. It's about joy. And there's such joy now."
Pink has another reason to be smiling -- she's nominated for Best Vocal Album at this year's Grammy Awards, which airs Sunday, Feb. 10 at 8 p.m. ET.
The mag hits newsstands Feb. 12.
- Pink and Miley Cyrus
- Madonna and Lady Gaga
- Cassie and Rihanna
- Edie Sedgwick and Ashlee Simpson
- Paris Hilton and Lady Gaga
- Brigitte Bardot and Beyonce
- Bill Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel and Adam Lambert
- Janet Jackson and Ciara
- Gwen Stefani and Rita Ora
- Celebrities' Jobs Before Finding Fame
- Mick Jagger - Porter at a Mental Hospital
- Gwen Stefani - Employee at Dairy Queen
- Jon Bon Jovi - Christmas Decorations Assembler
- Mariah Carey - Hat Check Girl
- Cory Monteith - Greeter at Walmart
- Rod Stewart - Gravedigger
- Kanye West - Customer Service at The Gap
- Victoria Beckham - "Sperm" in Public Health Video
- B.o.B - Sandwich Maker at Subway
- Celebrities With a Drag Queen Twin
- Lil Mama
- Lady Gaga
- Jessie J
- Katy Perry
- Lil' Kim
- Celebrity Photobombs
- Peek-a-Boo Sheryl Crow, We See You! (Even if Justin Bieber Didn't.)
- This Guy Is SO Not Impressed by Rihanna and Katy Perry.
- Kelly Osbourne and Neon Hitch's Photo-Op Is Crashed by an Over-Enthused Lurker.
- Demi Lovato's Little Sis Madison Perhaps Isn't the Biggest Britney Fan.
- Paul Stanley, Sir Elton John and Erin Sutton Get Creeped on.
- Katy Perry Is Unaware That Glen Campbell Is Having a Psychic Moment Behind Her.
- Diddy REALLY Wanted to Be in This Shot With Muhammad Ali and Will Smith.
- This Passerby Can't Resist Sharing the Spotlight With Rihanna.
- Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Try to Box Out a Fellow BET Awards Attendee.
- Celebrity Bloopers: These Musicians Are Severely Confused!
- Britney Spears Needs a Geography Lesson
- Britney Had Double the Tattoo Trouble
- Christina Had a Brain Fart
- Michael Jackson Accepts an Imaginary Award
- Justin Bieber Gets Schooled
- Jessica Simpson Would Make an Awesome Nutritionist