After the awards show, the Black Keys' drummer Patrick Carney, who has won seven Grammys total, was asked by TMZ if Justin deserved a nomination.
His reply? "He's rich, right? The Grammys are ... for music and not for money. And he's making a lot of money. He should be happy, I guess."
Luckily, Justin didn't let the diss get to him, tweeting a light-hearted response when he heard the remarks.
"The Black Keys drummer should be slapped around haha," he tweeted.
Justin (and his manager, Scooter Braun) have been pretty vocal in the past about their unhappiness over the singer not getting a Grammy nom.
"My whole life I've dreamed of winning a Grammy," Justin told Billboard. "At this point, the excitement of that has gone down. I'm more excited to just make great music for my fans. That's just something that if it happens, it happens."
For now, Justin tweeted that he's enjoying "family time" while on vacation.
- Peek-a-Boo Sheryl Crow, We See You! (Even if Justin Bieber Didn't.)
- This Guy Is SO Not Impressed by Rihanna and Katy Perry.
- Kelly Osbourne and Neon Hitch's Photo-Op Is Crashed by an Over-Enthused Lurker.
- Demi Lovato's Little Sis Madison Perhaps Isn't the Biggest Britney Fan.
- Paul Stanley, Sir Elton John and Erin Sutton Get Creeped on.
- Katy Perry Is Unaware That Glen Campbell Is Having a Psychic Moment Behind Her.
- Diddy REALLY Wanted to Be in This Shot With Muhammad Ali and Will Smith.
- This Passerby Can't Resist Sharing the Spotlight With Rihanna.
- Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Try to Box Out a Fellow BET Awards Attendee.
- Celebrities Who Married Young - Barely Legal Brides!
- LeAnn Rimes Was a Bride at 19
- Avril Lavigne Was 21 When She Walked Down the Aisle
- Hilary Duff Said 'I Do' at 22
- Kevin Jonas Proposed at 21, Married at 22
- For Hanson, Marrying Young Runs in the Family
- Kate Hudson Married at 21 After Dating Just a Year
- Solange Got Married in a Hurry
- Celebrity Makeup Makeovers
- Kelly Osbourne
- Christina Aguilera
- Nicki Minaj
- Taylor Momsen
- Lily Allen