Michael Loccisano, Getty (2)
Earlier this week, Clive released his memoir, Soundtrack to My Life, and Kelly was quick to point out that some of his recollections might not be accurate. She also alleges that the producer called her My December album unsuccessful and belittled her in front of his company.
Clive claims the chapter was fact-checked multiple times, but E! Online reports Howard is speaking out against the record exec.
"I always find it sickening when management guys like to set the record straight about how fucking creative and what geniuses they are," he said on his Feb. 20 radio show. "And, like, this guy's trying to diminish what she does? Doesn't he have enough in life? Can't he sort of tell his story without fucking degrading her and putting her down?"
In her open letter, Kelly claims Clive told her she was ungrateful and a poor songwriter. Howard, apparently, doesn't agree!
"I think she has an amazing voice, and the girl has worked hard to get to where she is," Howard said. "I don't understand Clive Davis' motivation for knocking this chick down."
Do you agree with Howard on this one? Tweet us your opinion @aolmusic.
- She Thinks Her Small Chest Size Is a Blessing in Disguise
- Her Favorite Party Ever Was a 'White Trash'-Themed Bash
- She's a Spanx Super Fan
- Kelly Has 13 Tattoos to Date
- She's Greek ... And Drinks Olive Oil
- She's an Odd Jobs Extraordinaire
- Her Very First "American Idol" Audition Song Was ...
- The First CDs She Ever Bought Were ...
- Annie Lennox Is Her Not-So-American Idol
- Her Favorite Birthday Treat Is Red Velvet Cake
- Recent Celebrity Splits
- Simon Cowell and Mezhgan Hussainy
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand
- Heidi Klum and Seal
- Ashley Tisdale and Scott Spears
- Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis
- Stars Who Have a Type
- Jennifer Lopez: Bald Backup Dancers
- Justin Bieber: Lovely Latina Ladies
- Madonna: Much Younger Foreign Guys
- Jessica Simpson: The Super Buff, Athletic Type
- Justin Timberlake: Buff, Blonde Babes
- Rihanna: Guys With Lighter Complexions and High Cheekbones
- Taylor Swift: Cradle Robbers
- Top Weddings of 2012
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel
- Jennifer Hudson and David Otunga
- Hillary Scott and Chris Tyrell
- Ne-Yo and Monyetta Shaw
- Steven Tyler and Erin Brady
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen
- Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson
- Britney Spears and Jason Trawick