In writing "Top of the World," the singer captured that adrenaline rush of first falling for someone by looking at moments of her own life.
"Taking the risk in the relationship and risking the fall," Bridgit explains, "The fall being falling in love, but also you have so far to fall if it doesn't work out because you invest yourself really in it."
Hear all of the details about "Top of the World," as well a behind-the-scenes look at "City Lights" and "The Fall Song" in the videos below.
Want more Bridgit? She'll be answering fan-submitted questions during an AOL Music live chat on Monday, March 11. Send us YOUR questions by tweeting @aolmusic and be sure to include #bridgitmendleraolmusic.
See "AOL Music Live Chat With Bridgit Mendler" Photos
- Katy Perry's Red Carpet Fashion Through the Years
- Katy at Esquire Magazine's 'The Envelope Please' Oscar Viewing Party
- Katy at Step-Up's Fourth Annual "Fashion Forward
- Katy in Concert in Berlin
- Katy at VH1's 14th Annual Critics' Choice Awards
- Katy at the 2009 Grammy Salute to Industry Icons
- Katy at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards
- Katy at the 51st Annual Grammy Awards Press Room
- Katy on the The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Award's Red Carpet
- Katy at the 2010 EMI Grammy Party
- Katy at the 2010 American Music Awards
- Katy at the 2011 Logie Awards
- Katy at the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards
- Musicians Who Look Like Cartoon Characters
- Taylor Momsen and Kung Fu Panda
- Taylor Swift and a Japanese Anime Character
- Miley Cyrus and a Chipette from Alvin and the Chipmunks
- Nicki Minaj and Rainbow Brite
- Fergie and Janice from the Muppets
- Rihanna and Cleo, the fish from Pinocchio
- Nicole Scherzinger and Jasmine from Aladdin
- Accident-Prone Pop Stars
- Kelly Osbourne
- Justin Bieber
- Jessie J
- SkyBlu of LMFAO
- Sean "Diddy" Combs