David Livingston, Getty/ Jason Merritt, Getty
"I'm a big fan of Justin Timberlake," Hamm said in a recent interview. "I think he's a trendsetter, as they say. But he's always been kind of a natty dresser."
The 42-year-old actor, who says he has an "appreciation for fashion," returns as womanizing adman Don Draper when season six premieres April 7 on AMC.
Seeing "Mad Men" style infiltrate pop culture - from Taylor Swift's mod minidress on the March cover of Elle magazine to Timberlake's ode to old Hollywood glamour with his latest hit, "Suit & Tie," is the ultimate compliment for Hamm.
"It's nice that our show has had that sort of serendipitous resonance with fashion," he said. "I think it's great. I think it's really cool."
As for Timberlake, Hamm believes the pop star is "a very fashion-forward kind of guy," although the Grammy winner is guilty of at least one "fashion don't."
"That one unfortunate picture of him in that denim tuxedo excused," Hamm said with a smile, referring to Timberlake's all-denim ensemble at the 2001 American Music Awards.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. Active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
Watch "Justin Timberlake's New Album Hits iTunes" Video
- He Got People to Not Care About His Hair
- He Knew When to Ditch the "Publicity Perfect" Girlfriend
- He Never Takes Himself Too Seriously
- He Collabed With Cool People
- He Kept His Best Friends From Home
- Which Bring Us to Another Point: Justin Stayed Humble
- He Picks the Best Business Ventures
- He Figured Out the Right Way to Wear Pants
- He Remembers His Roots
- Boy Band Hair
- One Direction
- Jonas Brothers
- 'N Sync
- Backstreet Boys
- New Kids on the Block
- The Osmonds
- The Jackson 5
- The Beatles
- Boy Bands: Where Are They Now?
- 98 Degrees Then
- 98 Degrees Now
- Hanson Then
- Hanson Now
- O-Town Then
- O-Town Now
- Color Me Badd Then
- Color Me Badd Now
- LFO Then
- LFO Recently
- Naked Brothers Band Then
- Naked Brothers Band Now
- B2K Then
- B2K Now
- Take That Then
- Take That Now
- Westlife Then
- Westlife Now
- Justin Bieber for Complex Magazine April/May 2012
- Kids' Choice Awards Performance Gallery
- Ricky Martin Through the Years